The govspace platform makes it easy for Australian Government agencies to create public blogs and websites, which are hosted by the Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance) but feature an appearance, content and domain name chosen by the agency. govspace uses WordPress software and is housed on fast, reliable and secure infrastructure.
As part of the govspace service Finance provides:
- at a cost of $4,500 (GST exclusive) per site per annum, a govspace provisioned within five working days of a completed Memorandum of Understanding between Finance and the Agency
- blog and website hosting and infrastructure for public engagement
- disaster recovery, business continuity, capacity management, including daily backups
- privacy and security of the infrastructure in accordance with Australian Government policies and guidelines
- a test environment for agencies to experiment with theme development
- a Starter Kit which contains default blog/website theme templates and legal templates
- a help desk for infrastructure related Agency queries.
As part of the standard service, Agencies are responsible for:
- site configuration and customisation
- administration of account administration and access management for their users
- migration of data and information from existing system (if applicable)
- compliance with the Mandatory Requirements of the Australian Government Web Guide, including privacy, branding, accessibility, recordkeeping and Freedom of Information obligations
- creating and adding content and moderating comments
- release / launch of the site.
How does the process work?
- You contact us in the first instance to discuss your requirements for a govspace site.
- We send you a Request for govspace service form to complete.
- We assess your request form against our criteria.
- We prepare a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Finance and your agency which sets out responsibilities of each agency.
- Once the MOU is signed off, we will invoice you for the cost of the service.
- We will provision your site and provide access so that you can start developing it.